Notifying of natural hazards or building over allotments

Last updated: 17 March 2017

If you need approval for building work on land subject to natural hazards or construction over two or more allotments, you should use one of these forms approved by the Registrar-General of Land.

Using the forms is not mandatory, but is encouraged to ensure consistency across the country and ease of processing by the Registrar-General of Land.

Forms Building Act section
Notification of condition (natural hazards) 
[PDF 54 KB]
Notification of redundant entry (natural hazards) 
[PDF 49 KB]
Certificate imposing condition (building over two or more allotments) 
[PDF 52KB]
Certificate approving removal of entry (building over two or more allotments) 
[PDF 54KB]

Lodging the forms

You can read about lodging your form, Land Information New Zealand (LINZ) codes and relevant fees on Registration under the Building Act 2004 on the LINZ website.

This information is published by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment’s Chief Executive. It is a general guide only and, if used, does not relieve any person of the obligation to consider any matter to which the information relates according to the circumstances of the particular case. Expert advice may be required in specific circumstances. Where this information relates to assisting people: