Last updated: 28 April 2017
Links to resources and guidance for post-emergency building management.
MBIE’s Canterbury-related information provides guidance for homeowners, building owners and building professionals. This information supports Canterbury’s long-term building recovery from the earthquake sequence that began in 2010. Much of the information will be relevant to the Kaikoura 2016 earthquakes.
MBIE's Rebuild with confidence has information for homeowners affected by the Hurunui/Kaikōura earthquake to help them plan and manage the rebuild or repair of their home.
Assessing seismic performance of non-residential and multi-unit residential buildings has information for engineers.
MBIE’s information on managing earthquake-prone buildings provides information about ongoing occupation and strengthening.
Other resources that are available include:
- workplace emergency procedures – WorkSafe
- entering workplaces following earthquakes – WorkSafe
- stacking and shelving to withstand earthquakes – WorkSafe
- health risks from biological agents (such as liquefaction, sewage and/or stormwater due to the rupture of underground services) – WorkSafe
- potential health issues for construction and demolition workers of disaster recovery – WorkSafe
- emergency and continuity planning – Business.govt