About this document
Module 3 of the Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering Practice guidelines provides guidance for the identification, assessment and mitigation of liquefaction hazards.
Developed jointly by MBIE and the New Zealand Geotechnical Society, the module is part of the Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering Practice series and relates specifically to earthquake hazards.
Learn about Module 3 (version 0) in the geotechnical education section. Learning material on Module 3 (verison 1) will be developed soon.
High level changes in this version include
- New knowledge and research from the Kaikōura (2016) and Canterbury earthquake (2010-2011) studies have been incorporated throughout the module
- Updates and additions to
- Section 3: Soil liquefaction hazard
- Section 5: Identification and assessment of liquefaction hazards
- Section 8: Reclaimed land and constructed fills
- Section 9: Volcanic soils
- Minor content revisions, clarifications and updates, including consideration and incorporation of relevant existing feedback.
Other resources that are available include: