About this document
This is an overview of the modules that make up the Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering Practice geotechnical guidelines.
It introduces the subject of earthquake geotechnical engineering, provides context within the building regulatory framework, and provides guidance for estimating ground motion parameters for geotechnical design.
Learn about Module 1 in the geotechnical education section.
Other resources that are available include:
- New Zealand Dam Safety Guidelines (2015) on the New Zealand Society on Large Dams website
- Bridge Manual on the New Zealand Transport Association website
- Repairing and rebuilding houses affected by the Canterbury earthquakes
- Planning for Development of Land on or Close to Active Faults on the Ministry for the Environment website
- The 2010 National Seismic Hazard Model on the GNS Science website.