Stand-alone house application form for a Weathertight claim


ws claim standalone[PDF 564 KB]

Application form for a Weathertight claim on a stand-alone house.

About this document

  • Published on 26 July 2016


If you're a homeowner repairing your stand-alone complex through the Financial Assistance Package (FAP), use this application form to make a claim. This type of claim is for properties that are not on a freehold title and have no common areas affected by leaking. This includes:

  • one or more units that are each separate buildings with no common areas
  • all units in a separate building with no common areas. You should be aware that a stand-alone house on a cross lease title is regarded as a stand-alone complex under the Weathertight Homes Resolution Services Act. This application form also provides information about the process of making a claim.

This information is published by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment’s Chief Executive. It is a general guide only and, if used, does not relieve any person of the obligation to consider any matter to which the information relates according to the circumstances of the particular case. Expert advice may be required in specific circumstances. Where this information relates to assisting people: