The resources on this page can help fire engineers and designers to develop alternative solutions.
- C Protection from fire
- Alternative solutions for compliance with the Building Code
- Practice Advisory 18: Fire safety design for tall buildings
Performance-based fire engineering design
- International Fire Engineering Guidelines 2005 on the Australian Building Codes Board website.
- BS 7974-0:2002 Part 0 Application of fire safety engineering principles to the design of buildings on the British Standards Institution website.
- SFPE Engineering Guide to Performance-Based Fire Protection on the National Fire Protection Association website.
- SFPE guidance on the Fire Engineering Brief (FEB) on the Society for Fire Protection Engineers website.
Please note there is a fee to access some of the above resources.