Posted: 3 April 2019
The rapid building assessment process is one part of the emergency management plan that territorial authorities may use as part of their response to any emergency.
The courses are for:
- chartered professional engineers (structural and geotechnical), senior building officials and senior architects who have completed face-to-face training offered through the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment; and
- chartered professional engineers (structural and geotechnical), building officials, senior architects and emergency support staff seeking introductory awareness training.
There are three courses currently available:
- Introduction to rapid building assessment is about the rapid building assessment process and the role of the assessor. The course takes about 30 minutes to complete.
- Rapid building assessors in the field looks at how to assess buildings and what it’s like working as part of the assessment team. The course takes about 40 minutes to complete.
- Tier 2 refresher covers leading the assessment team and learning to optimise teamwork and cooperation. It also takes about 40 minutes to complete.
Anyone involved in managing buildings in an emergency will find these courses useful. Please note that completing these courses doesn’t automatically qualify you to become a registered rapid building assessor.
You can find the courses on learning.building.govt.nz
How to log in
You will need to log in using your RealMe account and register your details the first time you do a course.
If you don’t have a RealMe username and password, select Login and choose to create one. You are only required to do the standard login, which doesn’t require endorsement.