Posted: 31 January 2017
GoShift will deliver standard and common forms, templates and checklists, promoting a consistent consenting experience for customers and builders working around the middle and lower North Island and top of the South Island.
Progress to date
- The GoShift website went live in August 2016.
- The first key deliverable – a common application form set – was completed and released to member councils in August 2016. The form set is available on the website.
- Currently, 10 GoShift councils are using the application form set and have reported a smooth transition to the new forms.
- The shared online service will be piloted in the first half of 2017 by nine councils – including Wellington City Council, which started the initiative and is the largest GoShift council.
- It is anticipated that this service will be available to all other GoShift councils from 1 July 2017.
MBIE is aware that many building consent authorities and practitioners around the country are also keen to improve the way the consent system works. If you have questions about GoShift or want to contribute, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org