Posted: 17 April 2014
This Building Controls Update is a periodic news bulletin for the building sector.
MBIE have released a fifth issue of technical clarifications and updates to the Guidance document ‘Repairing and rebuilding houses affected by the Canterbury earthquakes’, December 2012.
These technical clarifications and updates should be read in conjunction with the Guidance document itself. They have been prepared for professional engineers and others implementing the guidance to provide them with greater explanation, new knowledge, and to respond to new issues that have been raised.
This update provides further clarification and guidance on the following topics:
- clarifying chimney repairs, Building Consents, and exemptions
- notching bearers and piles to assist with relevelling
- removing plywood skirt around perimeter for Type 2A-300 and 2B foundations
- aligning slab edge with building perimeter in TC3
- summarising TC3 Type 2 surface structure foundation technical requirements.
Further technical updates will be developed as the need arises. At a later stage, the information from the clarifications and updates will be incorporated into the next version of the Guidance document 'Repairing and rebuilding houses affected by the Canterbury earthquakes'.