Posted: 6 October 2022
MBIE is the lead policy advisor to government on the building regulatory system, responsible for advice on legislation and regulations, including the Building Act and Building Code. The Building Advisory Panel plays a key role in focusing on strategic issues facing the building sector and providing independent advice, guidance and direction on the ways MBIE can support an innovative and high-performing sector.
During their tenure, the previous Building Advisory panel reviewed and provided comment on key MBIE work programmes, including:
- Building System Reforms
- Building for Climate Change
- annual building code programme.
The Building Advisory Panel is designed to supplement our technical expertise at MBIE with strategic insights from across the building and construction sector. We are looking for sector leaders who can demonstrate relevant knowledge and experience, across the following areas:
- experience in the building and construction industry
- thorough knowledge of regulatory frameworks, preferably including experience with the building regulatory system
- proficiency at building and maintaining effective networks and relationships in the wider building and construction sector and ability to utilise these networks to inform advice
- the ability to test assumptions around decisions from a strategic perspective.
The frequency and length of Building Advisory Panel meetings is decided by each incoming Chair. Historically, the panel have met on a quarterly basis for full day meetings. MBIE officials often present to these meetings on pressing topics and issues facing the industry.
Applications need to be supported by a CV and may include letters of support from other sector-related people or organisations. To apply, please email your CV and any other relevant documents to support your application to: BuildingAdvisoryPanel@mbie.govt.nz
Applications close on Friday 21 October 2022.