Find a LBP banner.
LBP Scheme banner.
Download forms banner.

want to see the TV commerical?

Check it out on YouTubeLink to YouTube. »

Build it Right.

Build It Right

There are some changes you need to know about. Restricted Building Work is now in effect. This applies to most residential building or renovation work and only a Licensed Building Practitioner can undertake or supervise the Restricted Building Work. 


Licensed Building Practitioners  include:

  • Designers,
  • Carpenters,
  • Roofers,
  • External Plasterers,
  • Brick and Blocklayers and
  • Foundations specialists.

Professional Engineers, Architects, Plumbers and Gasfitters are treated as Licensed Building Practitioners and can carry out some Restricted Building Work.

A lot of work that requires a Building Consent is Restricted Building Work but not all. Check our information on Restricted Building Work or contact your local council for more information about Restricted Building Work on your job.

Revised Certificate of Work for RBW Design
As a result of feedback on the Certificate of Work, and after discussions with IPENZ, ACENZ, NZIA and several Councils, a revised Certificate has been developed. This new version, together with additional guidance can be found in The new process for Designers section.